Sola scriptura, soli Deo gloria.

Posted by looposnola On Saturday, January 7, 2012 1 comments

God finally reached my heart about 15 years ago.

He saw fit through His providence to give me a thirst for His word.
I set out to prove some of the protestant teachings wrong.
I would do so from scripture.
So I read....
I read His word every chance I got.
It wasn't long before I forgot why I started to read...
Instead I saw my sin, I saw His grace, I repented, I believed.

I drank in every word.
I thirsted for it daily.

I don't know when it happened, but somewhere I lost my thirst.
That is not to say that I lost my faith.
I have believed, I have seen and marbled at the way He has cared for me.
At the way He has provided, guided, taught.....
God has been an integral part of my life...

But oh how I have struggled to drink that precious Word.
It has been such an impossible task anymore to be diligent in my reading.

But His mercies are new every day....
His grace is everlasting...

I started Professor Horner's reading system this year as part of a challenge.
I read in a blog of someone else taking this on.
10 chapters a day.
Every day.
Sounded insane!! I can't do that. I have failed at the other bible reading programs.
They seemed easy. Maybe I should try one again.
But I took on the challenge....
Now granted, I am just barely into it.....day 7.

But oh how God has opened His Word.
How He has opened my eyes by His grace.
So many subtleties I see that I had not seen before.
He has used it to spark a new fire.
He has used it remind me of how much I loved to drink it all in......
He has used it to remind me....

Sola scriptura, soli Deo gloria....



1 comments:

poolja said...

As I sit here looking for new music and listening to new artists, I happened to check my google reader. I was surprised to find your post, and now I sit here with tears in my eyes...

Funny last night I was just thinking about that young boy I once knew 15 years ago. I remembered that paperback bible covered in black from the rubber factory. I remember that boy who devoured it constantly. He always put me to shame with his hunger for God's Word. I longed for the hunger I saw in him.

Now that paperback bible has been exchanged for an app on his phone. And that young boy is now a man. A lot has changed and yet it seems like in many ways we have come full circle again.

I love listening to you pour out how God is opening His Word to you again. I love seeing you devouring that Word again.

It has encouraged me, It has motivated me. And it is changing me too.

Thank you and thank God!

Love,
Your adoring wife

Post a Comment